Friday, May 2, 2014

REAPER'S PROPERTY

This review has been a long time coming! Four and a half stars!!!

SOME SPOILERS BELOW.
I've read this book three times now and I can't seem to get enough. It's addicting. It's superb. It's like Joanna Wylde wrote words that threw me into some crazy trance.





We have our girl, Marie.


She's living with her brother in a trailer after divorcing a seriously mean a$$ mofo.


Then one day, a little group of bada$$ bikers rode in looking for her brother. She was of course, in the middle of catching some sun, laying out on a flipping table when they strutted up. Instantly, tall, dark and yummy took a liking to her and engaged in a little fun banter (uncomfortable for Marie). This delicious package of man meat is introduced as Horse. Why horse, you ask? HELLO!!!


After initial introductions, Horse tries his best to get in there with Marie. They seem to have a connection and hit it off almost instantly. But Marie is new to the biker world and takes offense to some of the slang and verbiage Horse uses. In turn, she completely offends Horse and they have what I consider, a cooling off period.

The story really gets going when Marie comes home and finds her brother bleeding with Horse and his MC brethren holding him at gunpoint. She gets completely freaked out by this point and it becomes clear that her brother made some serious errors in judgment. Right when she thinks all is lost, Horse comes up with a solution. This solution ends up catapulting Marie into the unknown world of Reapers MC where she has to learn how to live and adapt to her new environment. The trouble her brother brought on causes an epic turn of events. The result is bittersweet for Horse and most especially, Marie.

Here are my thoughts:


Marie- Loved her. She started off a little naive considering some of the things she had been through but upon further thought, she really couldn't help being skeptical to Horse's world. She had never been exposed to it and in all honesty, most of us would be clueless if it weren't for the hours and hours of reading biker romance books. She develops into a feisty and tough as nails old lady.

Horse- What can I say? I liked him. Then I loved him. And then I loved him. Then I felt bad for him. And then I thought he was an a-hole. And then I loved him again. Alpha badass through and through. His feelings for Marie seemed genuine and believable.

Supporting Characters- Em, Ruger, Picnic and all accompanying Reapers family. Loved them. Can't wait to get into future books when we can get to know them all a little better. I had an especially soft spot for Em. Poor thing, being the daughter of the President has shriveled up her dating pool exponentially.

Reaper's Property was an awesome read. I enjoyed the progression of Marie and Horse's relationship. It wasn't at supersonic speed like a lot of others which made the "moment" even steamier. The suspense and the story wasn't convoluted. Everything flowed well and came together to form an unbelievable climax. I truly loved every word and have the rest of this series on my TBR list.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive