Thursday, May 1, 2014

For You (Book #1 The Burg) Review

I discovered Kristin Ashley less than a year ago, I may have been living under a rock because I'm not sure how I managed to avoid reading her books for so long. As most people who discover KA, after starting with Rock Chick, I piled through the rest as quickly as I could.

For You, the first in The Burg Series, did not disappoint. I loved each of the characters, Colt was a supremely wonderful alpha, something I've become accustomed to with KA's heroes. I really liked Feb, she was a strong heroine, had her issues (of course) but did not annoy or frustrate me the way a lot of heroines in other novels do. There's a long and sad history with these two characters and it was entertaining to read through and witness how they come back together through a series of awful circumstances. Throughout, we meet Feb's family, friends and enemies who all add their own interesting twist to the couple's dynamic. KA does a good job of building the antagonists, I found myself resisting the urge to punch someone when Susie came strolling into Feb's family bar. But the ensuing verbal smackdown Colt whips up leaves a satisfying and cheerful feeling to my psyche. Colt and Feb rank up pretty high on my favorite KA couples, dropping to a solid #5.

As I've come to expect with Kristen Ashley's books, For You provides a solid and captivating read. I get through her stuff so fast, I find myself looking for fillers to bide my time in between her new releases. I know on her website it states that The Burg and Colorado Mountain Series can be read in either order but I actually enjoyed reading this after Colorado Mountain. There's a good amount of crossover which I have always appreciated from KA. But no matter what order you read, you will not be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive