Thursday, May 1, 2014

End of Innocence (Book #3 Innocence) Review

MY WORLD WITH NO MORE BRAD DELUCA? 

description

Okay, obviously that's a little dramatic on my part but it's an honest depiction of how I feel after finishing End of the Innocence.

As always the scenes were HOT...it got a little awkward for me as my kids kept popping in and out of my room to say hello. ;/ They have a way of wanting to be near me every single time I get to a good part in any of my books. When I got nothing to do, they both run away with endless activities that don't seem to require their mother. Oh well!

Back to my review. Brad Deluca was the absolute best part of this series for me. He is easily one of my favorite characters. His protective streak and sex god stature was wonderful to read. Now if he only had a love interest that didn't grate on my last nerve...

Oh Julia...Julia...dear Lord. I could never quite put my finger on the exact reasons she tested my patience. She wasn't timid or shy and she didn't have that annoying deer in headlights quality that a lot of heroines have nowadays. For some strange reason, Jules and I never meshed. Odd. Maybe with a reread, I can figure it out. Thinking on it now, probably unfair to write her character off this way when I can't articulate a justifiable cause for my severe dislike. She does take some idiotic liberties with her safety but hey, to each is own. If she's not freaked out about having scary mob dudes after her, who am I to judge? If it were me, I would be...

description


The rest of the book flows easily enough. We get to meet Julia's ex and her parents this time around as the whole premise of the book centers around the countdown to the wedding and her upcoming graduation. Luke seemed like a throwaway character but it does serve the little purpose of showing a little background into the differences between Julia's life before and the one she has with Brad. 

The drama with Brad's family takes center stage and it was a bit unnerving in some spots. I saw the big conflict coming but in stories like this, it's hard to really not see it coming unless the author goes completely bat shiz crazy and veers off course with some deluded double cross. But it works and brings a satisfying resolution to the series.

I like the ending and Alessandra Torre did gift us with a nice little epilogue extension on her website. As always, I'd love to see more into their lives past the last book which to me is a sign of a very fulfilling read.

Time to mourn the loss of Brad Deluca but I'm sure I'll find another sexy, domineering alpha to keep my mind happy and satisfied. I'm adaptable to change that way.

2 comments:

  1. Love this review! And your gifs. :) thanks for friending me on Goodreads. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessandra! That means a lot to me since I'm a big fan and I'm new to the blogging world. I'm catching up on my reviews and will have Sex, Love, Repeat and The Dumont Diaries up asap!

      Thanks again for the add and taking the time to read my blog!

      Delete

Blog Archive